Article 1 Scope of application
Article 2 Outline
The Website is a website that provides technical operation information for the satellites of the Company for the purpose of improving convenience for Users. When using the satellites of the Company, User may, at no charge, download necessary information from the Website. The information able to be downloaded from the Website at no charge is as set out below. The Company may add or amend the information able to be downloaded from the Website, without giving any prior notice.
(1) Downloading satellite positioning information (COB)
COB (Center of Box) means the time period in which a satellite is forecast to be located within a range that can be deemed its nominal orbital position (a range of up to a +/-0.01 degree deviation in latitude and longitude from the nominal orbital position). The main purpose of COB is to ascertain the optimal time period for satellite capture, and ground stations without automatic tracking functions use COB to perform satellite capture.
Pursuant to the Company’s satellite operational plan, the update frequency of satellite position information differs for each satellite. It is User’s responsibility to periodically confirm whether any update information is available for any satellites used.
User may make inquiries with Company from the Website regarding the Website or downloaded information.
Article 3 User registration
2. In granting permission to use this Website, the Company will confirm the user registration information of the Applicant under the preceding paragraph and will make a determination based on the standards prescribed by the Company. If the Company makes a determination to grant permission to use the Website, it will notify the Applicant of such determination by the method prescribed by the Company.
4. If the Company deems that Applicant falls under any of the following, the Company may determine not to approve the application for use, and will not bear any obligation to disclose its reasons for such determination:
(1) Applicant submits fraudulent information in connection with user registration;
(3) the Applicant is an “Anti-social Force” (meaning an organized crime group, an organized crime group member, a person for whom a period of five years has not elapsed since that person was an organized crime group member, a quasi-member of an organized crime group, a corporation affiliated with an organized crime group, a shareholder meeting extortionist or the like, a corporate extortionist acting under the guise of a social movement or political activity, a group that in the context of having a relationship with an organized crime group plays a key part in structural injustice using force or through a financial connection with an organized crime group, or any other person similar to the foregoing), or the Company determines that the Applicant is cooperating or involved with the maintenance, operation, or management of an Anti-social Force through the provision of funds or other means, or otherwise has any interaction or involvement with an Anti-social Force; or
(4) the Company determines for any other reason that it would not be appropriate to approve the application.
5. After registering as a user, User may log in to the dedicated user page and follow procedures to delete user registration information at any time.
Article 4 Management of login ID and password
1. User shall manage his or her login ID (email address) and password for the Website at his or her own responsibility.
2. User shall not assign or lease his or her login ID (email address) or password to a third party in any case.
3. The Company bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever, regardless of the grounds, for any disadvantage or damage incurred by User due to inadequate management, erroneous use, third party use, or similar of the login ID (email address) and password.
Article 5 User information
1. All information provided by User when registering as a user must be true and accurate.
2. If any changes arise in respect of registered information, User shall promptly log into the dedicated user page of the Website and perform procedures to modify the information.
Article 6 Use restrictions and deregistration
1. If the Company determines that User falls under any of the following, the Company may, without prior notice, impose restrictions on the use of all or part of the Website by User or cancel the registration of User.
(2) it is discovered that user registration information contains fraudulent information;
(3) User does not use the Website for a period of at least one year after registering as a user; or
(4) the Company otherwise determines that User’s use of the Website is not appropriate.
2. The Company bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever, regardless of the grounds, for any disadvantage or damage incurred by User due to restrictions on use or deregistration.
Article 7 Copyright
Article 8 Prohibited matters
1. User shall not use the information provided by the Company through the Website or any other information obtained through the Website for any purpose other than for using the satellites of the Company.
2. User shall not engage in any of the following activities when using the Website:
(1) activity that violates laws, regulations, or good public order;
(2) activity related to criminal activity;
(3) breaking, obstructing, or otherwise interfering with the functions of the servers or networks of the Company;
(4) activity that is likely to obstruct the operation of the Website or the services of the Company;
(5) collecting or accumulating personal information, etc. related to other users;
(6) pretending to be another user;
(7) using the Website to cooperate or be involved with the maintenance, operation, or management of an Anti-social Force through the provision of funds thereto, or to otherwise use the Website to have any interaction or involvement with an Anti-social Force; or
(8) any other activity that the Company deems to be inappropriate.
Article 9 Suspension or termination of Website operation or modification of content
1. In any of the following cases, the Company may suspend or terminate the operation of the Website in full or part without giving any prior notice to User:
(1) when conducting regular or emergency maintenance inspections or updates to computer systems pertaining to the Website;
(2) when it becomes difficult to operate the Website due to an event of force majeure such as earthquake, lightning, fire, power failure, or natural disaster;
(3) when the operation of computers or telecommunication lines, etc. is suspended due to accident, etc.; or
(4) when the Company otherwise determines that it is difficult to continue operating the Website.
2. The Company may modify the content of the Website without giving any prior notice to User.
3. The Company bears no responsibility or liability whatsoever, regardless of the grounds, for any disadvantage or damage incurred by User due to suspension or termination of the operation of the Website or modification of its content.
Article 10 Waiver
1. The Company is released from all responsibility and liability, regardless of the grounds, for any disadvantage or damage incurred by User in connection with the Website or information downloaded from the Website, including, but not limited to, that incurred due to any of the following:
(1) malfunction in User equipment or fault in the Company’s systems due to computer virus, malicious program, or other reason;
(2) usage environment pertaining to any electronic devices used by User, such as computers and smartphones;
(3) loss or falsification of data due to unauthorized access or access overload to the Website or any other systems of the Company, or other reason;
(4) unauthorized use of user registration information;
(5) error in user registration information or delay in its amendment;
(6) transactions, contact, and disputes between User and any other users or other third parties;
(7) delay, suspension, or termination of provision of the Website in whole or part, or of any information to be provided through the Website;
(8) changes to the content of the Website or the terms and conditions of its provision;
(9) an event caused by the willful misconduct or negligence of User or a third party; or
(10) natural disaster, war, riot, labor dispute, or any other event of force majeure.
2. Although the Company endeavors to provide accurate information through the Website, it makes no warranty as to the completeness, timeliness, or accuracy of information downloaded from the Website. The Company is released from all responsibility and liability, regardless of the grounds, for any disadvantage or damage incurred by User in connection with such information.
3. In addition to the preceding paragraphs, the Company is released from all responsibility and liability, regardless of the grounds, for any other disadvantage or damage incurred by User in connection with the Website.
Article 12 Notices and contact
All notices and contact between User and the Company shall be by the method prescribed by the Company.
Article 13 Governing law; jurisdiction
2. The Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court has exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with the Website.
Established on June 1, 2019